22.4.08

I'm Not Quite Done Looking...







All pics Junya Tashiro, AW08-09, Japan Fashion Week.
I'm not sure whether this places me in the category of people who flog a subject to death and don't know how to stop, but having posted about this once before doesn't stop me from doing it again. I like getting a look at clothes from different angles, and Junya Tashiro's collection seems to hold up pretty well to that kind of viewing, so I'm going to indulge myself and have a good stare. Really, it's a great example of the fact that a dark/neutral palette doesn't necessarily=boring, and doesn't preclude drama. And I swear that shot with the hat and coat looks like it should belong in an editorial - it's rather a rare effect from a photograph taken on the runway (methinks the hat- and the fantastic decoration on it- is what brings the outfit to life). It's all really comfortable to look at, but worlds away from rustic or earth-motherish (and I love the white flutedress...it looks so dreamy on the runway, but not insubstantial at all). And I doubt a regular Style.com-type shot would have given me as good a look at the dress in picture#3..
pictures to be credited when I remember the urls. My bad...
EDIT: pic #1, 4 and 5 from blog.livedoor.jp, pic #2,3 and 6 from http://ameblo.jp/londontokyostyle/

12 comments:

Elisabeth said...

So much pretty in one post!

Romeika said...

Oh, everything about that fourth look, from the hair detail to the shoes is just marvelous. Very interesting shots for a runway!

Elizabeth said...

I love that shot of the hat and coat, too. These are really nice, and a great way to wake up on a Tuesday morning.

Unknown said...

Wow, I love it, especially the crochet details.

Siru said...

I play flute and am wondering if the girl was faking it or not :D

juliet xxx

Anonymous said...

I love pics taken from these angles...adds more depth to the plain flatness of catwalk images...

Charlotte said...

Strtage pics but I like them anyway, specially the second look, I love that hat!

dreamecho said...

This really gives me a better appreciation of the pieces.

This multiple perspective theme could be an interesting analogy for...anything! Contemplating a concept from different angles is key to greater appreciation and comprehension.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

So pretty, the textures are amazing.

Elizabeth said...

I am tagging you for the delightful 6QuirkMeme.

yumiko said...

ive never noticed how shots from different angles can change the image of clothes...i also thought this collection was beautiful btw

Blue Floppy Hat said...

I'm glad everyone got the post...the collection was one of my favourites:)

About Me

My photo
Fondest of upbeat music and brightly coloured sweets.