3.2.08

Oh Minnie, You're So Fine*


It's not very often that a teen mag actually has a cover that makes me want to snatch it off whatever newsstand it was on (this despite the fact that it was published nearly five months ago and is in a language I don't comprehend- but it's still ElleGirl! Sigh..), but I really cannot help but lose my heart to that giant bow and Cecilia Mendez's sheer winsomeness. She's really quite adorable, a bit like a young Audrey Hepburn doing silly...and there aren't too many girls who'd actually pull off a Minnie Mouse tribute or bows on their heads without looking absolutely berserk - though I can name two. Three, if you include Katie Grand.
* title of post adapted/pinched from the song by Toni Basil/Lolly (of course, the latter version is the one I know better- it was featured in Bring It On).
Image source: The Fashion Spot.

14 comments:

WendyB said...

Ooh, head bow.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I miss Ellegirl Us, I wish I could get Ellegirl KR.

Monika said...

I completley agree with you!

Elisabeth said...

Oh cute; I wish I could get away with a great big bow!

Suzanna Mars said...

She looks a bit like the very young Nadia Comenici in a couple of those photos!

Molly :] said...

They stopped selling ElleGirl here in the UK :(
But this is a very cute cover.
Molly xo.

Elizabeth said...

This is very inviting and sweet. I can see why you wanted it.

Anonymous said...

I do love that cover...! Anything Minerva related is alright by me!

riz said...

Wow this actually works, and there's room for parody.

Bobble Bee said...

Cecilia Mendez has always the sweetest look.

dreamecho said...

i remember seeing this on tfs also and just adoring it. i think the pale pink background really adds a wonderfully soft feminine touch.

are you on tfs, too?

discotheque confusion said...

wow, Cecilia Mendez as a cover girl?

I'm so jealous of all these fantastic teen magazines coming out of the far east!

Romeika said...

Such a lovely cover!!!

IT IS WHAT IT IS said...

SHE IS SUPER CUTE

About Me

My photo
Fondest of upbeat music and brightly coloured sweets.