10.2.08

Because I'm Sick And Tired Of Spammers.

Given that the Google lot are too clueless to tell actual spam (and by spam I don't mean Arctic food supplies for explorers in the early twentieth century) from genuine, innocent bloggers, I figured Mr Kenny Surtani might just need a helping boot to the backside from everyone whose blog he's been spamvertising on. I've already blitzed two comments by him/it off two of my posts and reported his/its blogs as spam, because while I support free speech and the title of my blog might have the word 'nonsense' in it, my friendly sentiments don't stretch all that far. Maybe if enough of us do it, they'll actually cancel the chump/spambot's Google account? I certainly hope so. And delete his/its 'comments' while you're at it- trust me, it'll help you feel a lot less annoyed.

13 comments:

WendyB said...

I've deleted him and reported him too. I swear that I got tagged for spam after I twice reported another comment spammer, who was free to continue spamming the whole time I was frozen.

Anonymous said...

Why not use word verification? Doesn't that work well?

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

^^milleniumhand: No, word verification doesn't stop spamming from what I can tell, because Old "Kenny" spammed me a few days ago, and I have word verification.

Anonymous said...

Deleting spam is the worse thing about blogging...so tiresome and boring...

Elisabeth said...

I guess I am lucky; so far I haven't had this problem...!

Maybe I haven't reached that far into the blogosphere yet!

ineedmoredrama said...

i never thought to delete kenny's msg - i chose to ignore it instead. but it IS annoying seeing it in everyone's comment box

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Perhaps everyone should shift to wordpress. I never get spam, and there's no wv!

Blue Floppy Hat said...

It hasn't spared Typepad, and at least one Wordpress-based blogger I've seen (can't remember which one) has also been hit. It's annoying I tells ya..

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I guess it's just one of those quirks of the fashion world. Hee hee.

What does Mr Surtani want to sell?

Blue Floppy Hat said...

Bespoke suits made by Shanghainese tailors, apparently.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I love the word "bespoke." I imagine dapper gents whispering discretely into their tailors' ears.

Anonymous said...

I'm on wordpress but your annoying mr kenny hasn't took interest in my postings :D . I guess it targets blogspotters most of all :P.

Honestly, I've to put up with many spams on a daily basis (maybe for some of you, who are higher in the blogosphere ratings, 10spams/day sounds childish, but for me it's quite something, given I'm a young blog) but the most annoying are scrappers. I just hate it when they rip you off of your words and make them their own with no shame at all!

Enfin, c'est la vie. c'est la blog-o-vie.

K

About Me

My photo
Fondest of upbeat music and brightly coloured sweets.