14.2.07

It's Funny

I hate slogan t-shirts. They are among the stupidest things imaginable on this planet, and the only people who should wear them are people possessed of supreme self-confidence or extreme stupidity. And that holds good for House of Holland's 'fashion groupie' t-shirts of last year too. I liked the neon boldness of the lettering, but I don't have the courage to walk around with a request for the big boss at Dior Homme to cause me pain splattered across my chest. But I still think they're really funny ("Give us a tickle, Richard Nicoll"!?)
The
latest House of Holland show followed more or less the same track, only this time the slogans are ruder than ever and they're about the models. And am I the only one who finds it hilarious that three of the models named on the t-shirts were part of the show? (top left: rude t-shirt about Behati Prinsloo. Top right: Behati Prinsloo) Plus, I rather fancy those shoes of theirs, and the pattern of the lettering across Behati's t-shirt is rather cool-looking. Henry Holland may be, as his t-shirt declared at the end of the show, a one-trick pony, but it's still a funny trick. For now, anyway.
And now I really want to get a look at what's happening at Biba..pictures should be out by the end of the day. I shall just add a gushing/snarky comment as the clothes deserve, and put a few up.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fondest of upbeat music and brightly coloured sweets.