12.3.10

Blooming X-Rays


Floral radiographs are among my favourite things to look at in the world- it's hard not to love the eerie starkness of floral and leafy shapes when their internal structures are laid bare by x-rays. There's a purity and beauty to the resulting pictures that I probably wouldn't have felt in pictures of live flowers, and the manner of their presentation leaves me feeling a bit like these are a floral post-mortem of sorts.
I knew they reminded me of photographs I'd seen before, and spent a while racking my brain before I remembered: the late Irving Penn's photographs (see Dandelion, below) did feel a bit like this when they were in black and white)
Steven Meyers photographs from http://www.xray-art.com, Judith McMillan photographs from www.art.com

2 comments:

OH HELL CLOTHING said...

The dandelion is so beautiful. I wish I had the skill to capture something so pure and beautiful!

Paddy☮

Click here to visit me at LITTLE RAZZI blog!

Heather said...

waterlillies are my fave!! and the dandilion is amazing too :)

About Me

My photo
Fondest of upbeat music and brightly coloured sweets.